Whether you have booked a trip out of town, out of the state, or even out of the country, there is a good chance that you will benefit from the useful advice found in this selection of handpicked travel tips and vacation packing hacks. From packing your bags to shopping for souvenirs, enjoy these tips.
1. Different countries have different size power plugs and voltage range. Thus, if you want to use your electronic products, make sure you can charge it. Prepare a power extension cord to charge multiple devices off of one adapter.
2. Nothing is worse than having an adapter and still not being able to use a hair-dryer or a hair-straightener just because the voltage isn’t high enough for that country.
3. Wi-Fi in an airline club often goes beyond the door, giving you free access. If you’re in urgent need to access Wi-Fi out of airport, you can order a cup of coffee in local cafe and use the free Wi-Fi provided.
4. Prior to your oversea trip, download the Travelzoo app. This app can help you find great deals in different type of countries. It also has options from local deals to transportation options.
Vacation Packing Hacks:
5. Pack an extra set of clothes in your carry-on bag. Don’t be one of those travelers decked out in J’adore Paris apparel because the airline lost your luggage and you have nothing else to wear.
6. As you know, each airline has its own set of rules and guidelines as to how many bags can be checked in or carried on for free. Check your airline’s rules to avoid any extra charges. If you are connecting during your trip, know the luggage rules/fees for those airlines as well — especially for regional or low-cost carriers.
7. Use plenty of plastic when packing. Putting your clothes, toiletries, and other items in clear plastic bags is always a smart way to pack when traveling. Not only does it help you organize, it also keeps your possessions safe. If the bag should be exposed to the elements on the tarmac, the contents of your bag will stay dry.
8. This will save your sleep and sanity! Be it on the plane or in your hotel room, the use of earplugs will allow you to shut out at least fifty percent of the noises that will give you a headache, keep you from sleeping, or otherwise highlight travel in a negative way. They are also very cheap so bring plenty.
9. If you are squished for space while traveling by air, take advantage of every inch. Take the magazines out of the pocket in front of you and move them instead to the overhead bin. Depending on the size of the magazines, you could have bought yourself a couple of extra inches.
With the 9 traveling and packing tips above, your next vacation trip will be stress-free and more enjoyable.